From the Forum: Contesting a Fine Over Standing Water

Photo by Jena Backus


    A reader is trying to help out a long-time neighbor who received a $600 fine over standing water. The neighbor keeps their yard in impeccable shape but a family emergency meant the accumulated water didn’t get removed in a timely manner. The neighbor wasn’t alerted to the problem until an anonymous complaint was filed. Is there any way the neighbor can appeal the fine?

    Please chime in with your advice.

    Need a professional opinion? Try Brownstoner Services, where you can talk to a concierge (it’s free) or browse our community of pros. >>

    Related Stories

    Email with further comments, questions or tips. Follow Brownstoner on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.


    Brooklyn in Your Inbox

    * indicates required

    What's Happening