From the Forum: Getting a Certificate of Occupancy for a Two-Family

Photo by Susan De Vries


    Homeowners are trying to work with the Department of Buildings and are looking for advice. They are planning to do a renovation of their two-family house, but there’s no certificate of occupancy. They have provided the DOB with documentation, including utility bills, prior renovation plans and the title search, to show that the house has been used as a two-family. The DOB wants more proof. What should they do?

    Please chime in with your advice.

    Need a professional opinion? Try Brownstoner Services, where you can talk to a concierge (it’s free) or browse our community of pros. >>

    Related Stories

    Email with further comments, questions or tips. Follow Brownstoner on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.


    Brooklyn in Your Inbox

    * indicates required

    What's Happening