Has anyone redone their kitchen with IKEA cabinets…they look amazing but do they hold up well. I dont want to spend a fortune on my kitchen…but i want good quality and some contemporary designs.

thanks!

What's Your Take? Leave a Comment

1. 10 years and counting — in our tenant’s apt. Not a mark on them. Can’t say the same for our custom cabinets. We chose a very simple birch wood door (can’t remember the name but they still sell it) with almost no detail. I think it helps to have a good GC install them.

2. I love my ikea kitchens. I second gluing everything together. I also reinforced a few parts with 3/4″ plywood–the island and a counter that ended in a dishwasher.

3. We had our Ikea kitchen installed in 2006 and we still love it. It still looks great and has held up exceptionally well. If it’s competently installed (we specifically chose a contractor who had installed many Ikea kitchens) and well designed (saving money on the cabinets gives you some extra budget room to add some nice non-Ikea touches), you and anyone who looks at it will think you spent twice as much on your kitchen than you actually did.