I am getting quotes of $60 per sq ft on this stone. Is this reasonable? I think it is uninstalled!

What's Your Take? Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

1. We paid $75 sf installed for caesarstone from Monumental Marble in staten island (inside Richmond tile store at the foot of the outerbridge). They gave us a good price because they had leftover material of our color choice from a previous job. But, they didn’t have to tell me that, so I think they are a reasonable firm. They also brought the counters to our home with the wrong edge profile, but turned right around to refabricate from scratch when they realized the mistake. It cost me another week, but I would deal with them again.

2. For comparison, I was at Lowe’s last weekend pricing countertops and got this info:

Sensa Granite (new kind of maintenance free granite):average $75 per sq. foot – but varies up or down based on color selection

Zodiaq Quartz: $63 to $86 depending on color chosen\

These are not installed prices.

So I’d say your price is a good one. Where are you buying it from?

3. That sounds about right. I used it for flooring in a bathroom in two big pieces. I have never heard of anyone else using it on the floor but it has been amazing and just one seam of grout!

4. The other day I took a very hot pan off the stove and it burned my hand badly right through my oven mitt (because the mitt had gotten wet) and I had to throw and slam the hot pan down right onto my Caesarstone countertop and leave it there a few moments before picking it up again. Didn’t leave a mark or burn, nothing. It’s moments like that I’m glad for the heat-proof qualities of the substance. Not that I ever want to burn my hand again just to test out my countertop.

Anyway, I never knew the PSF price of our countertop but I’m not surprised at the price you are hearing. Ours came to $5,000 including installation. That was for one long piece maybe about 7 feet long for one side of our galley kitchen, and another piece about 4 feet long on the other side of the kitchen. It’s one inch thick.

5. We are putting Cesarstone in our new house…Im not sure how much we are paying as our contractor gave us one price to gut and rebuild the whole house. When I was looking I was seeing it for about $85/sq ft for the Blizzard that we will be using.

6. We are putting Cesarstone in our new house…Im not sure how much we are paying as our contractor gave us one price to guy and rebuild the whole house. When I was looking I was seeing it for about $85/sq ft for the Blizzard that we will be using.

7. Depends what grade you choose–Home depot and Lowes will rank them A-E (?) for silestone–same stuff. We paid $86 a foot for the stellar series installed. So it sounds about right…..
    You will love it though. It will not stain or burn and you will never have to seal it.