The moon just might hit your eye like a big pizza pie, and that just might be “amore.” Tonight, the Federation of Italian American Organizations of Queens will continue Italian Nights 2015, a series of live music and dancing at Astoria’s Athens Square Park that will take place every Wednesday night through August 26.
With a 7:30 pm starting time, attendees can expect everything from romantic crooning to lively dance music to jazz. The schedule follows.
- Tony Pasquariello performs for those who love to dance and sing along to Neapolitan music tonight.
- Tino croons Italian favorites from the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s on July 15.
- Andrea & Friends do Italian pop songs from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s on July 22.
- Bruno Macari sings Italian classics while playing the keyboard on July 29.
- International tenor Roberto Di Roma does old-time favorites from Central Italy with Mario Dispenza on mandolin and Joe Spadaro on guitar on August 5.
- Filippo & Friends entertain will a diverse array of ditties on August 12.
- Simona De Rosa sings Neapolitan jazz on August 19.
- Marty Hroncich & Company close the series with songs and music from the Istria region and the Kvarner area of Croatia on August 26.
Details: Italian Nights 2015, Athens Square Park, 30th Street and 30th Avenue, Astoria, Wednesdays through August 26, 7:30 pm, free.
Photo by Athens Square Park