On Tuesday, a multitude of politicians and neighborhood groups came together to present the Barclays Center Neighborhood Protection Plan and call on Forest City Ratner and ESDC to be more responsive to community concerts. While traffic and alcohol-related issues have consumed most of the headlines, the plan also addresses issues like security and sanitation, points out Atlantic Yards Report. The Brooklyn Eagle had a good summary of the proposal, which we’ve quoted liberally from below on the jump.
* Making the NYPD’s 78th Precinct responsible for policing the arena. Because the area falls into several precincts, there has been some confusion over who would have jurisdiction.
* Making the arena operators responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions on the arena block and nearby, including providing recycling bins and street baskets and power-washing sidewalks.
* Installing signs directing pedestrian and vehicle traffic to large arterial roads and hiring a “robust number” of traffic enforcement agents at the expense of Forest City Ratner or its affiliates.
* Having official government regulation of shuttle and charter buses, taxis, black cars, “dollar vans,” vehicle noise, music and honking; and
* Adding more transportation demand management, including a residential parking program, installing a tax surcharge on all parking lots and garages within a half-mile of the arena during events, and analyzing the impact of remote parking lots and shuttle buses.
Lyft Says It’s Starting New York City Service [Brooklyn Eagle] Pushy Crown Heights Sign Urges You To “Please Dress Modestly” [Gothamist] Shake Shack Coming…
The Park Slope Civic Council is accepting nominations for new construction projects that make a “positive contribution to maintaining or…
Brooklyn, one building at a time. Name: Originally Christ Church Chapel, now Red Hook Pentecostal Holiness Church Address: 110 Wolcott…
Longtime Park Slope bar, Jackie’s 5th Amendment, has been taken over by a neighboring pharmacy after closing in October. Park…
Bed Stuy 358 Gates Avenue Broker: Elliman Price: $1,999,000 Sunday 2:00 – 4:00 GMAP Bed Stuy 380 Greene Avenue Broker:…