On Tuesday, a multitude of politicians and neighborhood groups came together to present the Barclays Center Neighborhood Protection Plan and call on Forest City Ratner and ESDC to be more responsive to community concerts. While traffic and alcohol-related issues have consumed most of the headlines, the plan also addresses issues like security and sanitation, points out Atlantic Yards Report. The Brooklyn Eagle had a good summary of the proposal, which we’ve quoted liberally from below on the jump.
* Making the NYPD’s 78th Precinct responsible for policing the arena. Because the area falls into several precincts, there has been some confusion over who would have jurisdiction.
* Making the arena operators responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions on the arena block and nearby, including providing recycling bins and street baskets and power-washing sidewalks.
* Installing signs directing pedestrian and vehicle traffic to large arterial roads and hiring a “robust number” of traffic enforcement agents at the expense of Forest City Ratner or its affiliates.
* Having official government regulation of shuttle and charter buses, taxis, black cars, “dollar vans,” vehicle noise, music and honking; and
* Adding more transportation demand management, including a residential parking program, installing a tax surcharge on all parking lots and garages within a half-mile of the arena during events, and analyzing the impact of remote parking lots and shuttle buses.
Sweet Shop Plans to Bring Pie, Beer and Wine to Prospect Lefferts Gardens [DNA] Dress up Your Animals for Dumbo’s…
As part of its “Crossing Brooklyn” exhibition, the Brooklyn Museum is holding a slew of film screenings, musical performances and…
Brooklyn, one building at a time. Name: Originally Odd Fellows Memorial Hall Address: 301-309 Schermerhorn Street Cross Streets: Nevins and…
A Michael Jordan fan and documentary filmmaker last week opened a boutique dedicated to the man and the brand, selling…
Park Slope 12 Berkeley Place Broker: Halstead Price: $2,300,000 Sunday 12:00 – 2:00 GMAP Greenpoint 154 Noble Street Broker: Corcoran…