On Tuesday, a multitude of politicians and neighborhood groups came together to present the Barclays Center Neighborhood Protection Plan and call on Forest City Ratner and ESDC to be more responsive to community concerts. While traffic and alcohol-related issues have consumed most of the headlines, the plan also addresses issues like security and sanitation, points out Atlantic Yards Report. The Brooklyn Eagle had a good summary of the proposal, which we’ve quoted liberally from below on the jump.
* Making the NYPD’s 78th Precinct responsible for policing the arena. Because the area falls into several precincts, there has been some confusion over who would have jurisdiction.
* Making the arena operators responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions on the arena block and nearby, including providing recycling bins and street baskets and power-washing sidewalks.
* Installing signs directing pedestrian and vehicle traffic to large arterial roads and hiring a “robust number” of traffic enforcement agents at the expense of Forest City Ratner or its affiliates.
* Having official government regulation of shuttle and charter buses, taxis, black cars, “dollar vans,” vehicle noise, music and honking; and
* Adding more transportation demand management, including a residential parking program, installing a tax surcharge on all parking lots and garages within a half-mile of the arena during events, and analyzing the impact of remote parking lots and shuttle buses.
This Map of Brooklyn Toxic Spills Is Enthralling and Terrifying [DNA] Repair to Carroll Street Bridge Mechanisms Damaged During Sandy…
We couldn’t help but notice some remarkable news stories today. Greenpointers uncovered a plan by a Russian oligarch to build…
Brooklyn, one building at a time. Name: Former Brooklyn Union Gas Showroom Address: 1024 Fulton Street Cross Streets: Grand and…
Exposed Beams – Garden Level Here’s a question for the y’all . . .The garden level of our (two) family…
Once the home of the owner of Gage & Tollner, this 25-foot-wide wood frame house at 435 Clinton Avenue has a…