On Tuesday, a multitude of politicians and neighborhood groups came together to present the Barclays Center Neighborhood Protection Plan and call on Forest City Ratner and ESDC to be more responsive to community concerts. While traffic and alcohol-related issues have consumed most of the headlines, the plan also addresses issues like security and sanitation, points out Atlantic Yards Report. The Brooklyn Eagle had a good summary of the proposal, which we’ve quoted liberally from below on the jump.
* Making the NYPD’s 78th Precinct responsible for policing the arena. Because the area falls into several precincts, there has been some confusion over who would have jurisdiction.
* Making the arena operators responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions on the arena block and nearby, including providing recycling bins and street baskets and power-washing sidewalks.
* Installing signs directing pedestrian and vehicle traffic to large arterial roads and hiring a “robust number” of traffic enforcement agents at the expense of Forest City Ratner or its affiliates.
* Having official government regulation of shuttle and charter buses, taxis, black cars, “dollar vans,” vehicle noise, music and honking; and
* Adding more transportation demand management, including a residential parking program, installing a tax surcharge on all parking lots and garages within a half-mile of the arena during events, and analyzing the impact of remote parking lots and shuttle buses.
The Clark Street Subway Station Now Has Three Working Elevators [BHB] Goodbye, Brooklyn Heights: 33 Things I’ll Miss About the ‘Hood…
Council Member Brad Lander released his Bridging Gowanus framework this afternoon (we were expecting it Monday), condensing a year of community…
Brooklyn, one building at a time. Name: Former Harriet Judson Residence, now an adult care residence Address: 50-66 Nevins Street…
We happened to snap a few photos of Starbucks’ second Williamsburg store, which opened at 154 North 7th Street earlier this…
Park Slope 763 Carroll Street Broker: Corcoran Price: $4,249,000 Sunday 2:30 – 4:00 GMAP Williamsburg 97 North 7th Street Broker:…