On Tuesday, a multitude of politicians and neighborhood groups came together to present the Barclays Center Neighborhood Protection Plan and call on Forest City Ratner and ESDC to be more responsive to community concerts. While traffic and alcohol-related issues have consumed most of the headlines, the plan also addresses issues like security and sanitation, points out Atlantic Yards Report. The Brooklyn Eagle had a good summary of the proposal, which we’ve quoted liberally from below on the jump.
* Making the NYPD’s 78th Precinct responsible for policing the arena. Because the area falls into several precincts, there has been some confusion over who would have jurisdiction.
* Making the arena operators responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions on the arena block and nearby, including providing recycling bins and street baskets and power-washing sidewalks.
* Installing signs directing pedestrian and vehicle traffic to large arterial roads and hiring a “robust number” of traffic enforcement agents at the expense of Forest City Ratner or its affiliates.
* Having official government regulation of shuttle and charter buses, taxis, black cars, “dollar vans,” vehicle noise, music and honking; and
* Adding more transportation demand management, including a residential parking program, installing a tax surcharge on all parking lots and garages within a half-mile of the arena during events, and analyzing the impact of remote parking lots and shuttle buses.
Brooklyn, one building at a time. Name: Row houses Address: 9401-9421, 9402-9420 Wogan Terrace Cross Streets: Off 94th Street, between…
After more than a year of preparation, the Lefferts Community Food Co-op opened Sunday at 324 Empire Boulevard in Prospect…
This semi-attached wood frame at 155 St. Nicholas Avenue in Bushwick has virtually no original details save the staircase and…
We wrote about the condo conversion of 83 Halsey Street back in 2008. At the time, this third-floor unit was…
We love these whole houses for rent in Ditmas Park, and this seven-bedroom, 3.5-bath gambrel-roofed shingle has a modern renovation with a…