Pullis Farm Cemetery
The Pullis Farm Cemetery is located in Juniper Valley Park on North 63rd Avenue near 81st Street. Thomas Pullis bought a 32-acre farm in Middle Village in 1822. The cemetery is one of the few surviving farm burial grounds in New York City and dates back to at least 1846. A 1932 survey found three marble grave markers: one for a child, one for "J.H.G.," and a third for Thomas Pullis, Sen. and possibly his wife Elizabeth as well. In his will, Pullis prohibited the sale of the cemetery, and he left instructions to build a brick wall perimeter wall to protect it. Another portion of Pullis’s property was sold to the parish of St. Margaret’s for the site of their first church, built in 1860.