Bulging brick facade


    My wife and I own a three-story brick rowhouse that has significant (couple of inches) bulging around the the front third-floor windows, down to where the second and third floor meet. An engineer examined our house and in his report suggested we remove the interior drywall on the third floor, inspect the structural components, and install a grid of mortar anchors to secure the exterior brick veneer to the interior brick wall. So far OK. But, he says the anchors can be tightened to pull the veneer back into place. Is this possible? I thought the only way to make a wall plumb would be to rebuild the wall. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of situation?


    1. I thought rebuilding was the only option too but would be interested to know if you can, in fact, pull it back in.