Brownstoner and New York Family seek an Instagram expert who gets our passions to help evolve our Instagram to the next level.
We are looking for someone to handle day-to-day posting, broaden our subject matter as needed, and continue to grow both audiences. You will help shape our voice and visual presentation, strategy and programming. This is an opportunity to creatively evolve a brand presence on Instagram.
Familiarity with Brooklyn, kids and parenting and a love for design, interiors and architecture are key. The position is full time with benefits, including health insurance and 401K.
- Evolve and grow the audience and network for both brands.
- Create, find and post eye-grabbing editorial content daily that engages each audience.
- Follow, like, comment and interact with relevant people on Instagram to grow our network and audience. Respond to direct messages.
- Adapt client-supplied images and copy to create sponsored posts appropriate for each publication and its followers.
- Update link in bio page to drive newsletter signups, visitors to our websites and traffic to advertisers.
- Help create posts and concepts for occasional partnerships and media sponsorships.
- Keep up with trends, tools and rule changes on Instagram.
- Report on metrics weekly. Adjust content and strategy accordingly.
- Work with editors, who will provide support and guidance as needed, and coordinate with advertising, third parties and advertisers.
- Two to four years of Instagram brand management experience.
- Able to quickly create posts, stories, links in bio, etc.
- Able to create posts and build networks true to the spirit of each publication.
- A natural wordsmith who loves grammar and vocabulary. Attention to detail. Journalism background a plus.
- Photoshop skills and flair for photography. An eye for compelling visuals. Able to photograph in Brooklyn if relevant to brand strategy.
- Understand Instagram etiquette, sponsored post rules and copyright law.
- Familiarity with kids, parenting and Brooklyn neighborhoods. A love for design, interiors and Brooklyn architecture.
- Happy to take direction but also jump in and share your ideas and creativity with the team.
To apply, please send a brief email describing your interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Instagram Brand Manager” in the subject line. Please include links to your work and a resume. No attachments or DMs please.
Who we are:
Founded in 2004, Brownstoner covers a rapidly changing Brooklyn through the lens of real estate, development and renovation. Our consumer audience is passionate about Brooklyn, neighborhoods, real estate, design and historic preservation. The Brownstoner website includes a blog, community forum and real estate listings. Our semiannual glossy print magazine, Brownstoner, focuses on interiors, people, food and design. Other channels include email newsletters, Instagram, podcasts and events.
With a reach of more than 500,000, New York Family is the No. 1 print and digital lifestyle platform for engaged parents in New York City. Our print magazines, website, email newsletters and events offer family-focused lifestyle stories, guides, activities, calendars and listings that speak to New York City parents’ interests, needs and concerns.
Brownstoner and New York Family are based in Downtown Brooklyn and part of Schneps Media.