The Landmarks Preservation Commission will vote tomorrow on landmarking the Romanesque Revival style 88th Police Precinct Station House in Clinton Hill, according to its agenda. Originally Brooklyn’s 4th Precinct, the red brick building at 298 Classon Avenue was built in 1890.
Community Board 2 voted against landmarking the building until the NYPD constructs a new home for the precinct, the Brooklyn Daily Eagle reported at the time. The building’s architect, George Ingram, designed six or seven precinct houses in Brooklyn, all of which look like castles, as our columnist Montrose Morris has noted.
Closing Bell: Local Board to Vote on Landmarking 88th Precinct Station [Brownstoner]
Building of the Day: 298 Classon Avenue [Brownstoner] GMAP
Photo by Christopher Bride for PropertyShark