Trash removal

Home Forums Taxes Trash removal

Topic: Trash removal

Taxes February 4, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Trash removal

We have about 40 contractor bags of debris, mostly old plaster and drywall and a pile of wooden lath, that we would like to have removed from our first floor apartment.  Can anyone recommend someone that could take it away for a reasonable price?  We don’t really need a dumpster and some of these carting companies charge an arm and a leg.  It is all bagged up and ready to go, so not a huge job.   Thanks!   

6 Replies Add Reply

rhrh

You can offer the sanitation guys a schmear. Just be discreet.

I used “Mr. Rubbish” one time and it did not break the bank.  Besides, what’s not to like about a guy called “Mr. Rubbish?”

I’ve used several different haulers through a long reno and the cheapest by far was this guy name Jean–718-200-2168.  definitely not as prompt & professional as the corporate crews like 1800junk, but really nice guy and a fraction of the price.

I called Mr. Rubbish and they told me it would be between $320 and $400.  Seems pricey to me for what could be hauled out in 15 minutes into a pickup.  RH, I like your style…  Maybe I’ll give it a try tomorrow morning.

The costs are not just for the pickup. They also have to figure out how to dispose of it. As there are no public landfills left in NYC, I’m not really sure where they take it.

Thanks lamb, I’ll give Jean a call as well.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or