Portable AC (air conditioner) Exhaust Hose

Home Forums Appliances Portable AC (air conditioner) Exhaust Hose

Topic: Portable AC (air conditioner) Exhaust Hose

Appliances June 26, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Portable AC (air conditioner) Exhaust Hose

I have a Danby Portable AC that has been discontinued (DPAC 10061). Last summer, the exhaust hoses disintegrated (not sure why, they hadn’t had much use). I thought that I could buy replacement parts, but it seems they are no longer being manufactured. I thought that it would be easy to go to a hardware store or Home Depot and buy a plastic exhaust hose and use duct tape to assure that everything is airtight. The needed diameter is about 5.5 inches. However, I’ve not been able to find suitable exhaust hoses anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? 

4 Replies Add Reply

Maybe try finding a similar unit and contacting one of the companies that still makes them like Sharp or DeLonghi and see if you can get spare parts. Or you might be able to take a dryer exhast hose and jury rig it.

Whenever I need oddball hardware, my first stop is always McMaster-Carr.
Go to: http://www.mcmaster.com
…and search on “flexible duct”.
I don’t know if they’ll have what you need, but they have a lot of options! (and it ships from NJ and usually arrives in one or two days).

i think u can use the flex hose used for vents or dryers. it is smaller in diameter but should work by using duct tape and spare parts of the old hose u have. thanks, Giyora Tsafrir.

I found aluminum flex hose in the right size my my similiar unit at either Lowes of Home Depot a couple of years ago.  I think it was 7″ or 8″ which is larger than the ones for dryers.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or