I need to rent a lawn roller and seed spreader

Home Forums DIY I need to rent a lawn roller and seed spreader

Topic: I need to rent a lawn roller and seed spreader

DIY April 1, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I need to rent a lawn roller and seed spreader

I need to rent a lawn roller and a seed spreader.  I called Home Depot and Lowes.  No luck either place.  I’ll just need it for one day.  
Thanks.

10 Replies Add Reply

Wow, I had no idea lawn rollers still exist. We need one too. My solution was to roll around a full five-gallon bucket of primer. Kinda works but not really. I will say, though, a couple years ago we spread grass seed by hand and it worked perfectly. But our lawn is small, only about 10 by 20 feet.

Our backyard is small as well, probably 20×30 but I’m going to all the trouble of fixing it up I might as well doing it right.  A lawn roller is recommended so I’m going to try to track one down.

If you find one, let us know. Thanks!

There’s a place on coney island ave – city tool rental. I pass by the place frequently but  haven’t rented anything from them. Not sure if they’d have what you need but worth a call.

even if you don’t find what you want, this is a cool site and cool idea. but someone might have it.

http://snapgoods.com/

I’ve tried: City Tool Rental, My Tool Rental, GT Rentals, United Rentals, and Atlantis Rentals.

My Tool Rental had a 1500 pound really big metal one (suitable for towing behind a garden tractor in a big yard) but no one has a hand pushed one.

I may have to make something or go without.

I’ve thought that only Victorians had the hand pushed ones, and I figured golf courses must use big ones on tractors. But I don’t know! I suppose another option would be to order sod. I asked at Kings County Nursery and they charge $2.50 to $3.50 a square foot, depending. They need only a week’s notice. This is the best time of year to do it before it gets too hot. I think they said they always deliver on Friday or Saturday (forget which one). Or call Kings County and see if they have a lawn roller!

Wait, a quick Internet search reveals Home Depot, Gardener’s Essentials, Sears, Linens N’ Things, and others sell them starting at $80. Well, I guess you knew that already.

Some Home Depots rent tools. Maybe see if they have one.

I just went outside and now our dirt is all lumpy again from the rain. Hmmmmm.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or