Development and architectural firm The Brooklyn Home Company has seven projects under construction in various Brooklyn neighborhoods, including brownstone condo conversions, new condo developments and townhouse renovations. Brooklyn Home principal and developer Bill Caleo sent us a full list of the developments, their progress and renderings for four of them:
- 256 Cumberland Street, a condo project (gut renovation with addition) will be complete in the next two weeks to a month. The brownstone facade has been fully restored. Attorney General approval is in process/imminent.
- 77 Douglass Street, a condo project (gut renovation) will be complete around May 1. AG approval is in process.
- 27 Lincoln Place, a luxury two-family townhouse (gut renovation and addition) will be complete around April 15.
- 27 7th Avenue is a luxury two-family townhouse with garden rental and owner’s triplex (pictured above). The partial gut renovation will be complete around May 1. The front facade, which has details featured in the Landmark Preservation Commission handbook, has been restored. The unusual building was designed by the same architect who built the church on Lincoln Place and 6th Avenue in Park Slope. There is lots of original detail on the interior as well, which has been restored.
- 340 Dean Street, a condo project, broke ground recently. Brooklyn Home is currently building the foundation and estimates 11 to 14 months to completion.
- 559-563 Carroll Street, a condo project broke ground recently. They are finishing up the foundation. Will finish up in 11 to 14 months.
- 84 Congress Street, a condo project (and a joint venture between The Brooklyn Home Company and MESH Architectures) has broken ground. Will take nine months to a year to complete.