Late last week, The Madison Putnam, a new $15.3 million, 48-unit affordable housing development opened at 926 Madison Street in Bedford Stuyvesant. The project is made up of seven buildings built on seven previously-vacant, city-owned lots and includes 13 one-bedroom, 27 two-bedroom, and seven three-bedroom rental apartments. 38 units are priced below 60 percent of the Area Median Income ($49,800 for a family of four), the other ten are priced for families earning 40 percent of the AMI ($32,040 for a family of four). Each building is a four-story walk-up with floor-through apartments and access to a rear garden. The Madison Putnam was built under the city’s New Housing Marketplace Plan by the Community Preservation Corporation. GMAP
Photo by Peter Calvin
As many New York neighborhoods grow into glassy forests of skyscraping condos, Brooklyn Heights’ architecture remains largely historic with plenty…
Crown Heights is changing, and high rents and landlords’ aggressive tactics are pushing out longtime tenants, typically African-Americans and Caribbean immigrants.
In the News Brooklyn Is Leading the U.S. in Apartment Construction [Forbes] F21 Red Just Opened Its Second NYC Store…
In the News Park Slope Key Food Site Targeted for Residential Project [DNA] New Theater Furthers Bushwick’s Rise as NYC…
A Brownstoner reader has put a single-family home on the market, but the offers coming in are lower than expected….